Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What happened to Passion??

I've been thinking about passion lately, not just romantic or sexual but all passion in general. Passion for love, Passion for life, Passion for others, Passion for Ourselves, when did that go? When we are children that is all we have, we are passionate about what is new, every experience encompasses excitement. We loved our parents unconditionally, going out to play was mind blowing, we knew we'd see the neighborhood kids out in the front and at that point we felt so passionate about the idea of being out there. Even the schoolyard arguments were passion driven. When did we loose this? I can remember as a child I wanted to be either an actress or a lawyer from the age of 5 to 15 or so that was my passion, now at 31, I'm having to find that passion again to find out what really makes my soul feel good. I've been trying to think back to when I lost it, I don't even remember, as a matter of fact I don't even remember what that passion felt like. I really wish I could just let go and really feel like that again, and allow it to flow into all aspects of my life, from work to love to my interaction with my friends. We've become so fixated on all of the things that are wrong, we don't even notice what is right. Is it our parents who tell us, "You can't be an actress that's not going to put food on the table". Is it part of our personality? Is it something learned from our environment? Or is it that we as human beings love to have things to complain about so we make our lives a burden rather than a gift. For those of us who have lost our passion, how do we get it back? Is it a matter of reaquainting ourselves with ourselves, making the decision that instead of pointing out what is wrong with us we will point out what is right? How freeing it must be to be able to look at and love ourselves with Passion, if one can look at themselves in this way wouldn't it change how we operated in life? How we valued our lives and the lives of others? There is a saying I came across that really sparked this thought (it may not be an exact quote, but you get the picture): 'Love like you have never been hurt, and dance like there is no one in the room'

How Do You Find Your Passion Again??

3 Comments:

Blogger Knitti-me said...

Hey Tashia Baby - Looking good. I've been asking myself that same question on Passion. I'm beginning to see a glimmer - the sun seem brighter each day. 2005 was also going to be my year - ha! 2006 will BE my year.

November 21, 2005 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger eddymorgan8914992019 said...

Get your High School Diploma, Or any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

High School Diploma "BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

April 30, 2006 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger karin said...

hello tashia! chickens are for breakfast - eggs - not dinner!

May 10, 2006 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home